By Cellecia Francis 217 downloads
Program Manager -Sports and Athletics.pdf
THE POSITION BELOW IS VACANT IN THE DEPARTMENT OF EDUCATION:
POSITION TITLE: Program Manager (Sports & Athletics)
LOCATION: St. Thomas/St. John District
Interested persons should contact: DIVISION OF HUMAN RESOURCES
Deadline for applying: Until Filled
Starting Salary: $46,350.00
This is highly administrative work which requires the ability to think critically, plan comprehensively and work independently. This position will require excellent organizational skills, promptness in meeting strict deadlines and the ability to function in a stressful/demanding environment. It will involve oversight and coordination of federally funded programs and may involve supervision of employees. An employee in this class is involved with planning, directing, monitoring, and evaluating activities associated with managing federal grant programs. The individual is required to ensure administrative efficiency and compliance with federal and local laws and standards.
An employee in this class will plan, develop, monitor and follow through on all aspects pertaining to the efficient management of federal programs, funding and reporting. This will involve but not be limited to adhering to local and federal laws, applying fiscal scrutiny and accounting practice. This employee will be required to take the initiative to generate information on new programs/projects which adhere to federal standards while fulfilling the goals of each.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES (NOT ALL INCLUSIVE):
- Develops and writes grant proposals for Special Projects, and Programs offered by the agency;
- Reviews and processes federal program documentation to include grant applications, budgets, agreements, memoranda and letters;
- Participates in and maintains supervisory control over the technical and managerial aspects of program activities;
- Advises the Director on policy, programmatic and personnel decisions.
- Ensures compliance with detailed local and federal regulations;
- Prepares executive summaries and reports to be used for internal and external agencies;
- Collects and analyzes data on program effectiveness and prepares reports for management that reflect comprehensive assessment of program(s);
- Documents and recommends new procedures for better accountability, controls, recordkeeping and reporting for federal aid programs;
- Navigates complex federal procurement process to accomplish desired goals;
- Reviews all correspondence, and expenditure request forms for travel and purchases;
- Researches and identifies vendors and academic institutions that can fulfill the requirements of grant
- Provides technical assistance and advice to the Director;
- Assists in the development and presentation of information to be used for training and/or purposes as evidence in legal action.
- Performs other related duties as required.
KNOWLEDGE, ABILITIES AND SKILLS (Not All Inclusive):
- Knowledge of all aspects of programs development;
- Knowledge of and ability to understand and implement programs within federal guidelines;
- Knowledge of Government Financial/Cost Accounting;
- Knowledge and ability to conduct training and seminar sessions;
- Ability to conduct research, write technical reports and grammatically correspondence
- Ability to navigate complex federal procurement processes;
- Ability to coordinate activities between federal program managers, top management and other federal and local government departments;
- Ability to follow evaluation designs;
- Ability to present ideas clearly and concisely;
- Ability to follow written and oral instructions.
- Masters Degree from an accredited college or university in Business Administration, Public Administration, Accounting or Finance, plus at least three (3) years experience working with federally-assisted programs (one of which should be in a supervisory or lead worker capacity);
- Bachelors Degree from an accredited college or university in Business, Public Administration Accounting, or closely related field, plus at least five (5) years experience working with federally-assisted programs (two of which should be in a supervisory or lead worker capacity.
“No person shall be discriminated against in employment or in any other educational program or activity offered by the Virgin Islands Department of Education on account of race, color, creed, national origin, sex, handicap, or age.”
Interested persons should apply by visiting our website at http://jobs.vide.vi and select the appropriate application for submission procedures.
Send your complete application package to email@example.com for consideration.
Application documents required: (1) Completed Application, (2) Resume, (3) Cover Letter, (4) Official College Transcripts, (5) Certifications, (6) Licensures, (7) Three Letters of Recommendation, (8) Police Background Check and (9) Doctor’s Statement of Good Health.
****DUE TO A HIGH VOLUME OF APPLICANTS, THE DEPARTMENT WILL NOTIFY ONLY THOSE WHO ARE SELECTED FOR THE NEXT STEP IN THE RECRUITMENT PROCESS. ****
Travel, transportation and relocation expenses are not authorized for this position. Any travel, transportation and relocation expenses associated with reporting for duty in this position will be the sole responsibility of the selected candidate.