pdf Community Outreach Specialist Popular
By Cellecia Francis 232 downloads
Community Outreach Specialist.pdf
THE POSITION BELOW IS VACANT IN THE DEPARTMENT OF EDUCATION:
POSITION TITLE: Community Outreach Specialist
LOCATION: St. Thomas/ St. John District
Interested persons should contact: DIVISION OF HUMAN RESOURCES
Deadline for applying: Until Filled
Starting Salary: $41,200
The Community Outreach Specialist works under the general supervision of the Director of Cultural Education. The position will promote and present the mission of the Division of Cultural Education through informational workshops, events and activities within our schools and community to ensure an increased public awareness of Cultural Education. The individual will provide research, administrative, and technical supports to the Director and the Division of Cultural Education to aid in the development of culturally focused programs and literature.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES (NOT ALL INCLUSIVE)
- Manage on-going administrative tasks, develop and execute meaningful mission-based programs.
- Provide training and professional development for Cultural Education Staff, Educational Professionals and other stakeholders.
- Supervise division staff and volunteers as required;
- Coordinate programs across the territory to promote and present the Division of Cultural Education’s mission of increased Cultural Education and Community Outreach.
- Network and build relationships with organizations and individuals of similar interests.
- Complete ongoing reporting and utilize evaluation tools/surveys to track outcomes for all direct service activities.
- Develop and implement digital marketing and social media recruitment strategies
- Program development in partnership with various community organizations, schools, and stakeholders;
- Contribute to the development of specific reporting methods to better measure, monitor and evaluate program quality and activities;
- Complete ongoing reporting and utilize evaluation tools/surveys to track outcomes for all direct service activities;
- Seek opportunities for public and private community partnerships.
- Collaborate with internal and external personnel for the purpose of implementing annual events and activities;
- Assist in the development of program and event budgets, and ensure that expenses are within budget limits;
- Perform related work as requested and required;
KNOWLEDGE, SKILL AND ABILITIES
- An abiding passion for the Social Sciences, Culture and the Arts.
- A commitment to serving diverse communities and cultures;
- Excellent public speaking and teaching skills;
- High level of critical thinking and reasoning skills;
- Ability to develop and maintain effective working relationships with members of the Department’s staff and other external entities and bodies;
- Non-profit grant project development experience;
- Excellent skills in communicating clearly and effectively, including writing clear and concise documents ( including grant narratives & educational literature );
- Ability to plan and develop standards, curriculum, and standard operating procedures;
- Knowledge and ability to conduct professional development sessions;
- Knowledge of budgets and event/activity planning;
- Ability to conduct research, compile data and write technical reports;
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Word, Excel and Outlook including educational digital
Communication technology (Smart Boards, digital video, & internet education tools)
- Knowledge of student-centered pedagogic methodologies;
- Knowledge of current Department of Education policies and procedures;
- Ability to evaluate content and quality education programs;
- Self-starter with excellent organization skills ;
- Must be flexible, proactive, highly motivated, resourceful, professional and efficient;
- Ability to respond to urgent situations and to work unusual hours as required;
- Ability to work independently or with little supervision;
- Ability to plan and supervise the work of subordinates;
- Ability to exercise sound, independent judgment in carrying out functions of the position;
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Master’s Degree from an accredited college or university in Social Sciences, Education, Culture, Business or other related areas and a minimum of two (2) years’ experience in Administrative, Supervising, Teaching or a related role
- Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited college or university in Social Sciences, Education, Culture, Business or other related areas and a minimum of three (3) years’ experience in Administrative, Supervising, Teaching or a related role
- Interested persons should apply by visiting our website at http://jobs.vide.vi and select the appropriate application for submission procedures.
Send your complete application package to firstname.lastname@example.org for consideration.
Application documents required: (1) Completed Application, (2) Resume, (3) Cover Letter, (4) Official College Transcripts, (5) Certifications, (6) Licensures, (7) Three Letters of Recommendation, (8) Police Background Check and (9) Doctor’s Statement of Good Health.
****DUE TO A HIGH VOLUME OF APPLICANTS, THE DEPARTMENT WILL NOTIFY ONLY THOSE WHO ARE SELECTED
FOR THE NEXT STEP IN THE RECRUITMENT PROCESS. ****
Travel, transportation and relocation expenses are not authorized for this position. Any travel, transportation and relocation expenses associated with reporting for duty in this position will be the sole responsibility of the selected candidate.