October 4, 2021
State Office of Special Nutrition Programs Announces USDA Commodities Distribution
ST. THOMAS, USVI – The Virgin Islands Department of Education Special Nutrition Programs will host a series of drive-through distributions of USDA commodities territory-wide in October. All eligible persons must report on the date and time designated for their respective island.
To obtain commodities, proper identification must be presented. A self-certification form must be completed on-site, where participants are required to provide information about their gross income. Anyone unable to provide satisfactory information to the distribution site staff will not receive a commodity package. Participants should bring sturdy boxes or bags to assist with the transport of the food packages.
The Emergency Food Assistance Program (TEFAP) uses income, not age to determine program eligibility. The distribution is for all needy persons meeting the criteria shown below. Distribution packages will be limited to one per household.
• Sat., Oct. 9, 2021, 7:00 a.m. until supplies last
• LOCATION: Addelita Cancryn Intermediate & Jr. High School (former site of Lockhart Elementary) ST. JOHN
• Sun., Oct. 10, 2021, 10:00 a.m. until supplies last
• LOCATION: Julius E. Sprauve School cafeteria ST. CROIX
• Sat., Oct. 16, 2021, 7:00 a.m. until supplies last
• LOCATION: St. Croix Educational Complex High School Individuals or heads of households eligible to receive the commodities must be identified as needy by meeting one of the following criteria:
1. A person or head of household whose gross family income does not exceed 185% of the Federal Income Eligibility Guidelines for July 1, 2021, thru June 30, 2022 (see income eligibility guideline table below).
2. A person or Head of the household that is a client of any of the following income certified assistance programs:
(a) Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program
(b) Medical Assistance Program
(c) Be a Tenant of a Subsidized Public Housing program
Click the link at the bottom For Table
For more information, call Federal Commodities Officer Correy Lettsome at (340) 774-0100 Ext. 2818.
The Bryan-Roach Administration is investing in the Territory’s people, infrastructure, and future through transparency, stabilizing the economy, restoring trust in the government, and ensuring that recovery projects are completed as quickly as possible. Visit www.transparency.vi.gov.